Sunday, April 22, 2012

“Design in Our Lives”


The past week we went to the MOMA museum to the Architecture & design floor. We had to choose four different art works from that exhibition. Two of the works must have ‘’ High functionality’’ and two with ‘’low functionality’’. Where some of the objects are made of real world utility and some of them less practical.


The two artworks that I choose for ‘’High functionality’’ are the following. The first work that i choose is called ‘’Corefab#116’’ of Ammar Eloueini. This work is a well-designed chair made by common objects. This architectural design is very useful because everyone use this object at certain moment of the day. For ex. When we go to a restaurant we sit in a chair when we go to a park or when we eat or we are tired we sit in a chair. I found it very interesting that we can make an object that is so popular with stuff we could never imagine. My second artwork is called ‘’One Shot ‘’ of Patrick Jouin. This artwork is very similar with my first high functionality artwork. They both complement each other because we use them either when we eat or we go to a restaurant we use a chair and a table. I found this artwork very interesting because this table looks very unusual and very modern for this century we live in.


For my ‘’Low functionality’’ artworks I choose the ones below. My first low functionality is called ‘’ Spin Chaise Carbon Fiber’’ of Mathias Bengtsson. I liked this artwork is really weird and is kind of interesting but I didn’t find for what can you use this piece.my second low functionality work is called ‘’Cries & whisper’’ by Hill Jephson. I found this artwork really nice but no is useless. But I like the meaning it has for the artist. Sometimes we don’t see the real meaning of the stuff that are important for others.

In this field trip I realize that not all the designs or architectural designs but most of them have a personal connection with the artist that we might don’t know but for the artist it means a lot more that we could imagine. Something that may appear ugly or irrelevant for us could mean the world for other even the most insignificant thing.


Ammar Eloueini
                                                                   ''Corefab#116''

Patrick Jouin 
                                                                  ''One Shot''

Mathias Bengtsson 
                                                                                           ''Spin Chaise Carbon Fiber''

Hill Jephson Robb
                                                                              ''Cries & Whispers''

No comments:

Post a Comment