Thursday, May 10, 2012

''Sculpture Center Reaction''


For our third field trip we went to Sculpture Center a museum located in queens currently on view Bill Bollinger art work. For me to get done this reaction was kind of a challenge because I didn’t understand the concept of the artwork presented. To be crystal clear I had to Google about bill Bollinger. This really was a new experience for me because this exhibition is drastically different from the others I have seen in others museum with a different perspective.

Our professor told us to look for three artworks and explain how each of this artworks change our perception of the space.


For my first artwork I choose ‘’Graphite Piece’’ this work was in a white room and half of the floor was painted in black. It looked like someone walk on it while it was wet because it had footsteps. For me I think that painting half of the floor in black made the room smaller than it was.

My second artwork is ‘’ untitled’’ it was a water tank full of water. It was in the middle of a room it wasn’t place in a expecific location it looked like they just left it there. This tank kind of reminds me of my native country Dominican Republic because in DR we used these tanks to save water.


My third artwork is ‘’ untitled’’ this artworks are two wheelbarrows full of water I didn’t know what was the meaning or the concept of this work it looked kind of awkward to me and very minimalism.


Lastly this Homework was a real challenge for me. I think like in order to understand Bill Bollinger artworks you got to be really in to it. Because for someone it could be art but for me all I saw were common things that I see in my daily basis. I kind of figure that everything around is art but we all have different perspectives and ways of seeing things. What could be cute for you could be ugly to me.


Bill Bollinger
                                                                                       ''Graphite Piece''
                                                                                   1969

                                 

Bill Bollinger
                                                                 ''untitled'' 
                                                                                                               1970


Bill Bollinger
                                                                  ''Untitled''
                                                               1970

1 comment:

  1. If you want to make your home really look really beautiful , paintings are the best way to do it believe home looks very well decorated . If you are looking to find Oil Paintings Reproductions at very economical price or cheap rates, you must visit wahooart.com

    ReplyDelete